Book an appointment

This page will show you how to get the most from your practice when booking an appointment. We are committed to ensuring our patients are able to access all of our appointments by using  the method that is most convenient to them. 

See below for more information.


You can download the NHS App and  access our appointment booking system from the convenience of your phone, tablet or PC. Most appointments are only available after completing an e consult. Please see below.

Patient Access

via Patient Access App

You can book appointments using the Patient Access App from the convenience of your phone, tablet or PC.

Service - Online Consultation

via Online Consultation

You can complete an e-consult questionnaire and submit this for a member of our team to address your needs or to contact you with an appropriate appointment.

Barnet Federation Hub

Opening Times

Home visits

If you do need a home visit please complete an e-consult. In this respect, if you do need a home visit, you can help us by calling reception before 10:00 am.

You may only request a home visit if you are housebound or are too ill to visit the practice. Your GP will only visit you at home if they think that your medical condition requires it and will also decide how urgently a visit is needed. Please bear this in mind and be prepared to provide suitable details to enable the doctor to schedule house calls

You can also be visited at home by a community nurse if you are referred by your GP. You should also be visited at home by a health visitor if you have recently had a baby or if you are newly registered with a GP and have a child under five years.

Been off work?

Sickness Certificates

You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting seven days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.

Evidence that you are sick

If you are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).

It is up to your employer to decide whether you are incapable of work. A medical certificate, now called a 'Statement of Fitness for Work’ (see below) from your doctor is strong evidence that you are sick and would normally be accepted, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise.

You could also provide evidence from someone who is not a medical practitioner, e.g. a dentist. Your employer will decide whether or not this evidence is acceptable. If your employer has any doubts, they may still ask for a medical certificate from your GP.

Statement of Fitness for Work - ’Fit Note'

The 'fit note' was introduced on 6 April 2010. With your employer's support, the note will help you return to work sooner by providing more information about the effects of your illness or injury.

For more information see the DirectGov website (where this information was sourced)

If not the doctor?

Where should I go and who should I see, if not my GP?

Often your GP might not be the fastest or most appropriate way to get the help or care you need.

Your pharmacist may be able to help with:

  • skin conditions, such as mild acne and mild eczema

  • coughs and colds, including nasal congestion and sore throat

  • minor cuts and bruises

  • constipation and haemorrhoids (piles)

  • hay fever and allergies

  • aches and pains, such as headaches, earache and back pain

  • indigestion, diarrhoea and threadworms

  • period pain and thrush

  • warts and verrucas, mouth ulcers and cold sores

  • athlete's foot

  • nappy rash and teething

Some pharmacies also provide truss fittings, stoma products and incontinence supplies.

Minor ailment services

Some pharmacies run a minor ailment scheme, which means they can supply medicines for certain conditions on the NHS.

If your pharmacy runs a minor ailment scheme that includes eczema, for example, it means your pharmacist can supply medicines for this condition and you'll only pay the standard prescription charge.

If you're exempt from paying prescription charges – because you're under 16 or over 60, for example, or you have a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC) – you won't pay for the medicine. Just ask at your local pharmacy.

Where should I go and who should I see, if not my GP?

Often your GP might not be the fastest or most appropriate way to get the help or care you need.

Go to a walk-in centre for:

Wound and dressing care, ear syringing, minor lacerations and cuts, leg ulcers / infected wounds

If an injury is not serious, you might be able to get help from their minor injuries unit (MIU), rather than going to an A&E department. Telephone them for advice.

The nearest walk-in centres are:

1. Finchley NHS Walk-In Centre

Tel: 020 8349 7470

Finchley Memorial Hospital

Granville Road


N12 0JE

Opening Hours 8am - 9pm everyday

2 miles away

2. Haverstock Healthcare (Barnet Hospital)

Urgent Care Centre

Barnet General Hospital

Wellhouse Lane




Opening Hours 9am - 11pm

3.2 miles away

3. Chase Farm Hospital

Tel: 020 8375 2999

127 The Ridgeway




Opening Hours 8am - 10pm everyday

3.3 miles away

4. North Middlesex University Hospital

Tel: 020 8887 2000

Sterling Way


N18 1QX

Opening Hours 9am - 10pm everyday

3.4 miles away

Where should I go and who should I see, if not my GP?

Often your GP might not be the fastest or most appropriate way to get the help or care you need.

Go to accident and emergency (A&E) for:

  • head injuries

  • loss of consciousness

  • suturing (stitches)

  • foreign bodies

  • suspected broken bones

  • heavy blood loss

  • persistent chest pain

  • difficulty breathing

  • overdose or poisoning

  • acute confused state

  • fits that are not stopping

  • severe allergic reactions

  • severe burns or scalds

Call an ambulance on 999 or go to:

North Middlesex University Hospital, Sterling Way, London, N18 1QX, 020 8887 2000

Barnet Hospital, Wellhouse Lane, Barnet, Hertfordshire, EN5 3DJ, 020 8216 4600

Booking travel

If you have an appointment at the hospital and you are not able to make the journey yourself you may be able to get transport form the hospital. Call 0333 240 4909